In order to comply with the Decrees of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan as of April 20, 2017, #PQ-2909 “On measures to further develop the higher education system”, July 27, 2017, #PQ-3151 “On measures to further expand the participation of industries and sectors of the economy in improving the quality of training of specialists with higher education”, and June 5, 2018 #PQ-3775 “On additional measures to improve the quality of education in higher education institutions and ensure their active participation in large-scale reforms carried out in the country” Andijan Machine-Building Institute participated in the Foundation of Academic Innovation with the project “MechaUz: Modernization of Undergraduate program in Mechatronics and Robotics in Uzbekistan through innovative ideas and digital technology” and won the grant of $ 60000 funded by the World Bank.
Starting from March 2019, for 16 months, according to the plan, the project will be implemented. The project coordinator is the head of the department “Automation of machine-building production” prof. Yo. Kurbonov, the working group consists of the professors and teachers of AndMBI: J.Rakhmatullaev, O. Parpiev and F. Dumakhonov.
The project cooperates with the leaders in the field of “Mechatronics and Robotics” by the world Higher Education Institutions and JSC “GM Uzbekistan”. The main objective of this project is to develop and modernize education program to train a new generation of engineers well capable of performing constructive engineering works and meeting today’s technological challenges (Industry 4.0) and innovative education (Education 4.0) by development of new curriculum, teaching materials, methods and labs. Also during the project will be carried out the following tasks:
- Professional training of academic staff and instructors in engineering field based on the expertise of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University and North China University of Technology;
- Developing, designing and publishing new teaching materials, i.e. handbooks/manuals;
- Setting up innovative industrial training and science-and-research laboratories;
- Supporting young female researchers in the field of engineering;
- Establishing “Center of Foresight-Mechatronics” for sustainable development goals of the project. ;
- Making recommendations based on the outcome of the project to other relevant educational systems in Uzbekistan.
- Creating a WEB-site for the purposes of sustainable development of the project.